Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: War on Chocolate Milk...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: War on Chocolate Milk...

    What we eat and what kids are being fed is a small problem compared to the inactivity of kids these days. Lack of exercise is a far bigger problem than diet.

    On clothes sizes. I don't think it's just larger sizes, I think that sizes are off in both directions, depending on what you are trying to buy and more importantly where it was made. The result of having everything made by people in near slave labor conditions and without any on site concern for the market will do that.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: War on Chocolate Milk...

    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    I think the whole thing is, take out chocolate milk from cafeterias and you'll notice a rise in better health.
    Child obesity has just gotten way out of hand, and some parents won't take a stand.
    When I have a child, I will allow them to have chocolate/strawberry milk.
    This is just an age when all kids want to do is sit around, watch tv, text, video games, and not get outside and play.

    Exactly you have to teach your kids moderation . . . should you drink chocolate milk everyday probably not but is it okay every now and then.. yes!! If you don't want them to drink chocolate milk that's fine send them water to school to drink with their lunch. I have no problem with that.

    and you're right on about the video game/watching tv... I can't count the number of 6 and 7 year old that during "sharing" time (where you share what you did the night before) all they talk about is watching movies/tv or playing video games and I'm like don't you play ever play outside and usually the answer is nope... parents need to get more involved with their kids and take them outside, get them active. I know it's hard when you work all day and you're tired..but that should not be an excuse I'm sure we can all find a few minutes in our day to take our kids outside to play or even play with them inside get involved!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: War on Chocolate Milk...

    They should make the chocolate milk with ovaltine. And make kids compete in gym or fail. Unless they have a real reason. Not because they are to fat to walk like the majority of folks you see in scooters at stores.
    GO VOLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •